Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Instead of getting better...

I just keep getting worse about posting.

Anyway, I left off with Father's Day. My dad had a heart attack on Tuesday preceding Father's Day. It left us all a bit unnerved and emotional. I told him that it was nice to know that he really DOES have a heart, but really, proving it this way was a tad excessive, no?
It was scary and eye-opening and all that you could imagine it to be with the added bonus of my mom and us girls butting heads because, hey, guess what! Apparently, it's WAAAYYY worse to experience a loved one's heart attack when he is your husband instead of JUST YOUR FATHER. Bite me. He's my dad, one of my best friends, my boss, the only REAL father figure to my son, my hero. I know that it's different for her. I know that, I respect that and I acknowledge that. But the fact that he is YOUR husband in no way, shape or form negates all that he is to me. My fear and worry and stress is not any LESS than yours because he is your husband. Anyway, I'm still carrying around a little irritable-ness about that.

But anyway, he is fine. He says that he feels better than he has in eons. He's quit smoking. I tried to quit in support of him, but when my clothes quit fitting, I caved and went and bought a pack. I am half completely pissed at myself and half understanding. I don't know. It's a sore spot. But back to the matter at hand. He's fine, he now understands that *GASP* he IS mortal, after all. And he is listening to what his body tells him, finally. I can't even put into words...

Ty is SIX now. I have caught myself looking at how long his fricking legs are here lately and it constantly amazes me at how big he is getting. He's also turned into a complete shite heid and more often than not, I am threatening to strangle him and/or cut out his tongue for all of the back-talk he gives me.

And it is summer. Last night, the moon was amazing. The kids are in and out and the fly population in my house FAR outweighs the human population. The air conditioner is running and the mosquito bites are driving me fucking wild. Ahhh, summertime.


Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.