Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Well, hell...

Yesterday, I went and got my cat, Twitch. She kept my ass up all friggin' night long. Because not only did she want to sleep in mama's bed, she wanted all 4 of her wild kitten children up there as well. They are all pretty wild from being born and raised as outside cats, up until now. So, nice person that I am... Everytime one would make the long haul, crawling up the blankets to get up on the bed, I would sit up and talk to them. They scatter all over the place. I swear, I could see Twitch's eyes glare at me in the dark, "You bitch". So I'm tired, the kid's tired. I was up at 5:30 am and he was up at 5:45 am.

The boy doesn't do change well. Not only has our household grown by 5 cats, overnight, but he didn't sleep very well, citing the aforementioned felines as the cause. And guess what? Today is a day off for the daycare provider. My son, his 2 year old cousin and I walked into the day care and my son promptly fell apart. The cousin didn't even bat an eyelash, she was just looking for breakfast. But my son went into meltdown mode at 7:50 this morning. The poor fill in babysitter; she was almost in tears herself over the whole thing. I stealthily maneuvered the child proof door knob cover and cracked open the door to leave and the little shit scented fresh air. Out the door he went, running down the street and screaming like he had just woke up in a waterbed with Freddy Krueger. Not fun first thing in the morn, I assure you. Anyway, I brought him to work with me for a few because when he gets that worked up, he'll bawl until he passes out. I told him, after being here for about 15 minutes, that the babysitter is married to a cowboy that works here on the ranch. At the 30 minute mark, he was ready to go, but "only if you realllllly wanna take me". Ah, my little manipulator. They learn so young...

Other than that, it is just Monday. Pretty quiet around here, of which I am thankful. The sun is out with some wispy, clear clouds. Little bit of a breeze. Birds calling everywhere. None of the snow that we saw on Friday. Yes, the first day of fall and it snowed here. Down here in the valley wasn't so bad. Probably an inch on top of rain so we had some major slush, but up in the mountains, where the cowboys are gathering cattle, they got some good snow. Maybe 2-3 inches. Wonder if that's a harbringer of the winter to come? Last winter we got a lot of snow. Not much precip. but a lot of powder. Yuck, I can't believe it's already time to check out snow, wind, hail, rain proof Halloween costumes. I wonder what I can talk the boy into this year. Of course, he only wants to be a cowboy.... We'll see.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.