Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

All the world loves a carnival, just not the carnies...

So.. Tuesday morning. Not a lot to report here. It's quiet, I'm listening to Kid Kraddick in the Morning. Overcast, might rain today.

I was informed yesterday that one of the supervisors is going to interview and probably hire this guy today. I've met this guy, he had to come in and do a background check. The man smells. Badly. No, not in a good Axe sort of way, but in a "I haven't bathed in a month, I don't believe in deodorant (it causes cancer, haven't you heard?)" sort of way. He seems to be a nice man. He was a carnie. Not that I have anything against carnival workers, but some of them seem somewhat coyote (shifty, like they are looking out of the corner of their eye for an escape. Who knows what from. Who WANTS to know what from). I know a kid that worked for a carnival. He grew up where I live now and the other night he helped me take a very drunk woman to her boyfriend's house. (I don't know how I get into these situations. I say perhaps 6 words to a person, usually an older woman 45-50 and for some reason when they get drunk, I am their best friend and will help them figure out all of their complex issues, while drunk, nonetheless. Or so they think.) And this lady was a-n-g-r-y. At her asshole boyfriend. Who I find to be a very intelligent, soft spoken, compassionate and very easy going man. I think he might also be a drug dealer, but that opens a whole other baggy of questionable substance. Anyway, she was laying on the sidewalk shrieking like a mad person and she wanted me. Me, being the nice girl that I am, asked her what she needed. Apparently, she needed, um, legs? Seems hers had given out. So this kid, D, carried her (yes, carried her piggy back) to the trailer park where her bf lives. So, to wrap it up, I don't have anything against carnival workers. Especially when they are nice enough to carry a 50 year old woman (who REALLY liked my younger sister, if you know what I mean and I think you do!) who might vomit down his neck at any time, up a slight incline for about 2 blocks. With an Artic gale blowing in his face. He's a nice boy. Too bad he's under 21, cuz I would so do him, just as thanks....hahaha. If I could get the carnie image out of my minds eye.

Anyway, I must go and prepare myself for this man to arrive. I will light candles and maybe get the hospital strength air freshener/disinfectant to spray before and after he is here. Also alcohol wipes for the pen he uses. Am I terrible? I don't mean to sound judgmental. I'm sure he is an ok guy. He just doesn't bathe and, for me, personally, I can NOT stand dirty body smell. Blech. And I've known a couple of these people. I am always nice and say hello with a smile. I wait until I'm out the door or my back is turned to gag. Promise.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.