Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Along those lines

There is a site that I read regularly and I know I've posted about it once or twice before. But, in an effort to continually support the site, I am linking to it again. And I'm putting up a permanent link to it, because it is JUST THAT DAMN GOOD.

PostSecret is a site that post these nifty little postcards that people send to this man, Frank Warren. On the postcards are their secrets. Words that they cannot say to anyone else.

Every Sunday morning (which is when it is updated), I eagerly click on it. Looking for the words to validate the dark little words that hide in my brain. I have cried and I have laughed over the cards.

I remember the postcard that hooked me. It was an ultrasound scan of a baby with the caption of "I know she isn't mine, but I love her anyway." It literally took my breath away and tears rolled down my face. What a beautiful feeling to express! I wish that I could find a link to it, to that one postcard because it is, has and probably always will be my favorite. I've also bought two of the books off of Amazon, in an effort to show some support. They will go out as a Christmas and a birthday gift.

Click on over. You'll like it.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.