Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Noel


There are times that I catch myself smiling, for no apparent reason at all, other than the fact that I am amused by this life I call my own. I am tickled by the sheer stupidity of people. The truth be told, it is really that their ignorance usually makes me feel like I'm not such an imbecile after all.

Here lately though, I catch myself cheered and warmed by simple holiday songs, instead of simple redneck dolts.

I think that it has to do with the memories of my mom, dancing and singing in the kitchen to all of her holiday favorites, while us kids sat at the table, frosting sugar cookies. I wonder why we always had belly aches afterwards?

My son is absolutely obsessed with all things 'Yuletide'. Our house looks like Santa had one pull too many on the ol' eggnog jug and lost his spirit. Fear not, Ty and I? We found it. Ty's room (and I quote) looks like a "disco dance". Where that child learned of disco and what kind of lighting accompanies it, I have no idea.

And so... I am loving Christmas this year! I am really digging the music and the decorations. The smells. The good cheer. I know that bad things are still happening all over the world, but it is nice to escape into my little rural Christmas setting once a year. I love the innocence of it. The fact that when I say "Oooohhh... I guess I better put a call into Santa..." that it quickly puts an end to any and all disputes. All, except the fact that mama ordered a FAKE Christmas tree this year, and by God, we're only having HALF a Christmas since it isn't real and it ISN'T EVEN HERE YET!!! Oh my good Lord. Calling Santa only goes so far. If your child is like mine, they will eventually want to talk to him, themselves so that they may explain THEIR side of the story.

Anyway, I am enjoying the season. I am generally keeping a smile on my face and feeling the whole good cheer thing. So Merry Early Christmas to you all. Get in the spirit already. Feel it, enjoy it. You never know...

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.