Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

the hustle and bustle of my everyday life

My god, the stuffiness. I am so stuffed up and have been for... well, a hundred years? When does it dry up and just GO AWAY?

A serene Saturday morning. I am sitting here listening to my son make up a list of what he wants next Christmas, listening to Ren worry and fuss over being Stimpy's fan club president and the ever-present hum of the aquarium which makes me want to go back to sleep.

Things are settling down here after Christmas. Shifting back down into our regular schedule.

Merce and her bf broke up on Christmas Eve and then got back together. There was lots of drama surrounding that. Hopefully, it will work this time, if not, at least she can say that she tried.

I finished BzBiff's present and will gift it to her as soon as I can find the one finishing touch. At this rate, it may be a birthday present! I am hoping we can get together for lunch or something this weekend. I hate that we spend so little time together. One of these days, she'll learn how to say no and that will open up some free time in her schedule. Then, we can actually DO stuff instead of her tagging along for grocery shopping trips. Seriously, grocery shopping is the only time we get to hang out and chat. Ah well, it's better than nothing. I know she is there, she knows that I am here and I guess that is all that matters.

So, I read that Saddam was executed at dawn. I have mixed feelings on this. Of course, he was an evil, vile human being that deserved to die. I can't even imagine all of the pain and suffering all of those people had to endure at his hand. It's incomprehensible for my feeble, little mind. But I really don't think that it will solve anything. I also think that they should have waited and made him go through the trial involving his hand in the annihilation of more than 5,000 Kurds with chemical weapons. And the really mean girl in me thinks that hanging was too quick and he should have been made to suffer some. In all, I am relieved that such evilness has gone.

Well, now that I have expounded on politics on a person I have hardly any knowledge of and the hustling, bustling life that I call my own, I shall depart. Until next time... take care my dears.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.