Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Hump day

The carnie man showed up yesterday. He knew he was going to have to do an interview, so he showered and wore clean clothes. Figures. Nobody saw him the first time, except for myself and now they all think I'm a raging bitch with nothing better to do than lie about others hygiene. I was surprised that he cleaned up so well, still a little bit freaked out about the big ol' tattoo on his neck, but that's just me, I suppose. I'm kind of a wimp.

Today's issues include this screwed up board that I am on. When I joined them, they were firing the current day care provider (who I am close friends with). I actually cried during that meeting because I was so upset. Yes, I'm allotta wimp. I am a passionate person when it comes to something that I wholeheartedly believe in and I was devastated about the whole thing. She was an excellent provider. Yes, she was kind of messy. But my god, you should see my house with only ONE kid in it. I can't imagine what it would look like with anywhere from 4 to 6 kids in it on a day to day basis. Not to mention 2 lazy teenagers of my own. Anyway, to the current issue with the board... When I came into it, two of the four had no idea what we were doing. There was one lady on it who had been there for quite some time and another girl that had been on it for 2-3 months. Well, now the lady who has been there for some time has resigned as president after getting into a disagreement with the other girl that was there for a while. She left, not the president, but the other girl. So now we are left with 2 of us that are like a couple of sheep, just following along. And the resigned president. No one wants to be president. They (the other 2) have decided that they want ME to be president, I don't wanna be president. I want to be secretary. My god. What a screwed up organization. I told them to get someone else to join the board and elect THEM president. See the way my mind works? I think I'm losing hair. Not to mention any tenuous grip I may have on what sanity I have left... Too bad it's not pounds I'm losing.

And cat shit smell has permeated my house, therefore permeating my nostrils FOREVER. I hate, hate, hate cat shit smell. And the lady that had the cats before was feeding them canned salmon, so they smell like DEATH when they poop. Death that has been lying around for a week in tropical conditions. YUCK. So my nights are spent changing, washing, Clorox-ing a litter box, burning numerous candles, spraying Febreze everytime I walk by the bottle. Opening windows until the sun goes down and then closing them all again. The litter box is in the laundry room, I am hoping the stench doesn't infiltrate the dryer and make the clothes smell like something a cloud of flies will follow around.

And the day care provider brought up my boy's good for nothing shit-heel of a father. Her husband pointed out that his dad was the guy at the bar with the "Flying Nun Hat". I will put a post together about that sometime. Even though he so very much sucks as a father, I miss him as my friend. We had some good times.

Ok, I've complained enough. It's sunny today, little cool, but it will warm up. Two days until payday!!! Two days until the weekend!! Preschool is starting at day care on the 10th! My son cracks me up and I love him so much it hurts. I have much to be thankful for, much to be thankful for, much to be thankful for.... I will repeat this until I feel better. Hopefully.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.