Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Sunday morn(mourn?)

Here it is Sunday morning. Two full days since I've seen my wee, little Twitch. I am pretty sure she is gone. *HUGE SIGH* Already moving on, I've decided that for the boy's BIG Christmas present I will try to get him a cocker spaniel. We live in some apartments and they are just too small for a normal size dog. We'd all be tripping over each other constantly. Besides, cocker spaniels are just so damn cute.

We had a pretty bad scare yesterday. My dad's brother, Uncle K., ended up being care flighted, flown, flew(whatever)...to Salt Lake City, they thought that he had had a stroke. Still not sure what exactly he DID have. All I know is that my aunt found him passed out on the kitchen floor yesterday morning. Took him to the hospital and he was saying that he didn't feel v. good, but he was responsive. Then he quit responding. To what extent I don't know. I know that he couldn't talk. But I don't know what all shut down. They flew him out, thinking he had had a stroke, and the prognosis was not looking good, from what I gather. I cried for a full 2 hours, praying with every heartbeat. But about 9 our time, 10 theirs, he was talking again. So we all let out a collective sigh of relief and will find out more today. At least we could sleep.

Everyone has them, a favorite aunt, uncle, relative. My favorite uncle would be him. I can remember sitting on his lap (we lived all of 3? miles from him) and thinking, surely, there wasn't a larger man alive. He is just so full of life, and love, and laughter that his aura completely takes you in and surrounds you with warm, homecoming feelings. I have loved him fiercely from the word GO. Plus, just the other day - Friday - my dad had me scan a picture onto his computer of them, after coyote hunting, way back when. He (dad) is going to blow it up and send it to Uncle K. for his birthday. I was heartbroke at the thought of that picture and my dad's pure delight in doing something so nice for his brother. I was sad and upset for Uncle K., thinking he might die. But heartbroke and devastated for my pops. Thank the good Lord above that after a slight shift, the world has righted itself and spins on. I hate that mortality check that comes every now and again. They throw me off kilter for weeks. My heart aches continuously and morbid thoughts cloud my days.

So, last night, my friend and her daughter got into it. The daughter is a regular babysitter for me and I love her like a little sister. Her mother is one of my closest friends. Anyway, the daughter - J - is 14 and going through all the turbulent shit. Mother -E- offered to call the cops should the daughter not appear at home as suggested. Question: Would YOU call the cops on your own kid? I answered "Yes" if things got as out of hand as they are in this family, why, yes, I would. Something needs to be done to make the child realize that the PARENT is the authority figure, and the parent makes the rules. The reins need to be turned back over to the parent and how better than to completely humiliate a teen by doing EXACTLY what you said you would. I applaud her (the mother). It's been a long road for her and she is finally putting her foot down. Don't get me wrong, her kids ARE good kids. They just (all of them) need to be put back in their place, as the children. Plus, I think they all need to learn humbleness and respect for their parents. But that's just me, I COULD be wrong.

I need to go call sister and head for town so that we may pig out on Mexican food and spend what little $$ we have in the over-priced Safeway there. Have a nice day all and thank you, God, for sparing my Uncle K. for at least this day. Now I have to follow through on my end of the bargain (no mas casual sex, i.e. one night stands for me *SIGH* it's gonna be a long, cold winter).

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.