Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Halloween approaching

...what can I say? I've been busy? Not too much, but somehow or another, two days have slipped on by without my noticing.

Just finished watching Ghost Hunters, which is a show about a team that goes to these supposedly haunted places and tries to record paranormal activity. FREAKS ME OUT. But I still watch it.

Ghosts have always held some sort of sick fascination for me. Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely, positively terrified of and about them. But I can't not want to know all the details about any ghost story I hear. Wanna hear something funny? When I talk about or hear of ghost stories that intrigue me, I get tears in my eyes? WTF? Why? I mean it's not like I feel sorry for them, or that their plight has touched me to the degree that I might cry. I don't know. I have always been that way. As long as I can remember, I can remember the tears welling up when I speak of them. I hope that it isn't a certain sympathy that opens a fucking portal or something, cuz I don't want NONE of that shit in my life. It's screwed up enough as it is. I can just see me as some Ghost Whisperer or some shit.... I'd be nuckin' futs and my family would have to commit me and have me constantly sedated. Those are my wishes, so if it should ever happen, please heed them. I couldn't do it. Who knows what life spirit they are sucking from your own?

Onto other Halloween characters. Vampires, or vampyre depending on who you talk to. Now, vampires on the other hand, I can totally get into. I suppose it's the seductiveness surrounding them that draws me. Although, I would probably, more than likely, shit my pants should one ever cross my path. I hope that I wouldn't appear so juvenile to a creature of the night, but let's be real: I'm such a wimp. Werewolves scare the holy mother of christ shit outta me. I change the channel if some idiotic film maker has wrote some fucked up story about a werewolf and changed it into a movie, put it out there for the world to see and it just happens across my TV screen. My older sister and brother made me watch "Werewolf in London" when I was little and I haven't been the same since. (Sidenote: They've done a lot of other screwy stuff since then that I am sure has contributed to my beatific character. My brother more than my sister{s}) Oh, yeah, and my friend, Holly and I used to run through the orchard on the ranch (which consisted of maybe 36 trees all in two lines), anyway, we'd run through the orchard while my brother and his friend would drop out of the trees, growling and howling like werewolves, IN THE DARK. DUH! You wouldn't catch me within a half-mile of such an absolute, surefire way of scaring a kid to death sort of thing anymore. I've grown older and wiser.

The cows are all coming in to the feedlot. So when I go outside in the morning to have my sunrise smoke, mixing in with all the lonesome, coyote howls is the bawling of cattle. A sound that is as familiar to me as, well, howling coyotes. I heard someone say that they couldn't sleep last night because of all the cattle bawling. It was a split second before I realized that not everyone grew up with that sound. The sweet, sleepy lullaby of cattle, scared, roaming, and calling out for the familiar is not the music to everyone that it is to me. These last couple of years, I haven't lived close enough to hear it as I drift to sleep and wake upon the morn. I've missed it.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.