Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Friday, January 26, 2007

30 things before 40

In an effort to grow up... Oh God, who am I fooling? I'll never grow up... just grow older, wiser and wrinklier!
Anyway, I am comprising a list of 30 things I want to do before I am 40. There is a chance I'll get 10 of them done, maybe. Who knows? Food for thought. What do you want to do before your next decade? Leave me some crumbs.

1: Go to Ireland/Scotland
2: Get and stay out of debt
3: Maybe fall in love (no promises. Remember the cynic who is writing this?)
4: Buy a couple of horses
5: Buy a truck
6: Take the boy on an airplane (kind of goes hand-in-hand w/ #1, huh?)
7: Go to Disneyland
8: Buy a .22 and go out regular-like, shooting rabbits and coyotes
9: Get a tattoo (looking at this for my b-day present)
10: Spend a whole night outside, with the boy, watching meteor showers
11: Own a four-wheeler ATV
12: Buy all of my own furniture
13: Decorate my house the way I want to
14: Help my dad make his property in Utah livable
15: Find my friend from teenangst days, Tony Perkins.
16: Formulate and keep relationships with my cousins, Laura and Meri
17: Introduce my son to his cousin, Michael
18: Introduce my son to his dad, Jake
19: Start going to church
20: Quit smoking
21: Get the boy to eat a vegetable
22: Plant my own beautiful, wondrous garden full of flowers and pretty things
23: Buy a house that I can make my own
24: Shoot a mountain lion
25: Get my hunting and fishing licenses and USE them
26: Take my son to Marine World
27: Take my son to Lagoon in SLC
28: Keep all of the close friends I have now
29: Keep Clint out of prison
30: Enjoy myself, fully. Understand that while I am not perfect, I am ME and that's a pretty fucking cool thing to be!

Here's to the thirties, may they be all that I hope they will!

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.