Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Losing my mind...

I have my own site http://www.lorinty.com/ that I am trying to set up so that if you click on it, you go straight to my blogger addy. Obviously, I am not cut out for this crap.... Working at it though. I refuse to give up until it all works. Or at least until the computer starts flashing bright red letters that read 'GIVE IT UP, IDIOT! YOU ARE GOING TO CRASH THE ENTIRE INTERNET WITH YOUR STUPIDITY!'.

This weekend had it's shares of ups and downs.

Friday, we had a huge lightning storm. And now we have the smoldering fires and smoky skies to show for it. I also got my ass chewed by my dad because the kids were home alone and I didn't think that it was lightning that badly. Well they did and though they never called me or their mom, they told Nana that they were scared and she, of course, told Papa. I am betting that somewhere along the way, the meter reading of how terrified they actually were got jacked up a bit.

Merce's bf's cousin came to town and apparently, he is an asshole. He really didn't make very many friends and almost caused Merce and Steve to split. Ahhh, the drama.

Saturday, Merce yelled at me for calling my dad to go and check on her (I was grocery shopping with my nonexistent funds). Her neighbor called, worried about the fighting and my nieces and Merce took off and blah, blah. High drama. All is well now, I guess.

Yesterday... well, it was off and on. I got my floors mopped (yay!) and watched a movie. Then, Ty and I took our truck out for a drive. We were about an hour and a half into it, when I started sweating and getting all worked up over not having a jack to change a flat tire. We were out 10 miles east of Egypt in very rocky terrain and honestly, the only living thing we saw were 6 antelope. The thought of being stuck out there with no cell service and flat tires, a slightly panic ridden child and a dog that hides behind me when strangers pull up had me a tad bit on edge. We prevailed, though. I drove slow and prayed that God would suffer us fools and whaddya know? We got home alright. Slightly disheveled, exhausted from worrying and more than a bit sweaty (air conditioning doesn't work in the truck), we arrived home safe and sound.

Thank God that I live in the place that I do. I think about it sometimes. The people that live in cities and one on top of another. How often do they wish they could live like I do? Yes, it's simple and oftentimes, it's more than a bit boring. But I can drive for three hours and not see anyone. I can look out my bedroom window as I fall asleep and see bright and shining stars. I can watch lightning dance along the butte from clear across the valley.

I could also be carried away by mosquitoes if I starve myself down to 100 pounds, but that's for a different post. I'm trying to appear positive here.

Some days, I'm very thankful. Some days, not so much. On those days, I'll have to come back and look at this post and remember how peaceful and right I feel about my place in my world, out here in the boondocks.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.