Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Dammit all to hell

I just wrote this big long post about my friend JR and went to post it, it was ate up. By something that likes to hear me curse in a violent, Turrett's sort of way. GODDAMMIT!

Anyway, the post went something like this....

It's Been a Long, Winding Road

I am missing my favoritist blogger, ever, JR. I know where she's gone, not 100% sure as to how she got there, but still missing her in her normal spot.

I have (had) been reading JustRose for... a year now??? Goodness. I cried for her hurts, I laughed at the ingenuity of her daughter. I applauded her for finding her wings. I prayed for her and her family. I sent her numerous hugs via email. Have I ever met her? No. Have we talked on the phone? No. Good intentions and all that. But still... reading someone's blog over any period of time, say over a month or two, you feel close to them. You've read their thoughts, feelings, fears, laughter. You read it and hear it clearly, when they are honest and when they write as well as JR. There was just something about her that drew me in. And I looked forward to reading the Rowhouse every day. She is always so humble about it when I'm sure there are masses out there just like me. Well, if there aren't masses, by God, there should be! Maybe it was her absolute and total dedication of her heart to her daughter. Maybe it was the trials that preceded the gift of said daughter. Maybe it was the missing of her own mother while she was trying to find her way. Whatever it was, it's still got me and I look forward to many more laughs and the sharing of angst with her, even if only in email.

So, here's to you, JR!! You've come a long way baby! I'll be seeing you around...

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.