Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

God Save Me

... from spoiled rotten 4 year olds. I'm sure my next door neighbor thinks I am the most evil of all parents.

The kid is going through some THING. I don't know if he'll make it out to the other side alive. For the last two nights, he has been just absolutely rotten. Howling and carrying on when he's not back talking me. I know that not having a man in the house affects him. But since when does he figure that he can take the place of the absent man and talk to me like he is a full grown asshole, oops I mean man? When did he decide that being a smart ass to his mama was cool? And when he's not being a smart ass, he's being down right awful. Am I a failure as a parent? I'm sure everyone thinks this way at some point or another and no, I don't really think that I am. He guilt trips me because he knows that I have a huge heart for him and he tries, god, he tries, to guilt trip me into giving in to him. Tonight it was (and I kid not, full on dramatics, howling, tears and gasping ensued!) "Oh my god, my mom is going to give me away. I can't believe that she is going to give me away!" Where does he get this stuff? Is he going to choose acting as a career? Sheesh. God, save me.

I wanted to post a nice long full on post tonight, but alas, I am tired and wrung from the battle of tantrums this evening and my eyes are drooping as I hunt-and-peck this out. Will try to post tomorrow, M, I know how you live for it. Hopefully internet will be working tomorrow at the office so that I may fritter hours away playing on the internet.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.