Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Morning After Regrets

Last evening sister and I attended a little bonfire party in the local trailer park. Yes, a bonfire in the trailer park. As absurd as it sounds, it's really quite commonplace.

See, the trailer park is right next to the river. So it's almost like going up into the canyon and partying around a bonfire up there, well, without the hairpin curves to deal with as you make your way home. Last year, a couple of our friends went off the side and luckily, hit a tree. And V. luckily they went off in a spot that was rather shallow, down towards the bottom because there are some spots up there with some rather eyebrow raising drop offs. Makes for some really nice scenery (especially right now with the fall foliage), but could make for a pretty deadly drunk driving accident. So we get all of the ambiance, not so much of the danger.

Anyway, the regret part of it... woodsmoke. It gives me an awful onset of allergies. My head aches (probably partly due to the fact that sister and I drank our fair share of beer, sister more than I) and my eyes are all swollen and I feel like I could rub the skin off of my eyelids. My throat hurts. My nose is half stuffed, half runny. I'm just generally miserable and whiny. Now I must go and see if I can make pancakes from scratch. Will probably end up going to the store and paying ten bucks for a tiny package of just add water crap. Later.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.