Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Mind Draws a Blank

Saturday morning... Listening to Jimmy Neutr0n blasting from the TV. Sending the smallest one to the bathroom every 15-20 minutes. Pilfering through my luggage (my med. sized purse that carries everything except a change of clothes) looking for gum for the boy. Surfing the internet. Blah. Drinking French Vanilla coffee with a couple of mellow creme pumpkins sitting at the bottom of my stomach. What to do today?

Last week, I went through the house, cleaning like a mad woman. So, that's ok. I suppose I COULD go ahead and do laundry and clean up some, I don't know, if I was ambitious or something... Things to do this weekend on the list include (ed?) mowing the boy's hair (he really likes the clippers and has a fondness for anything lawn care related), clean out my car (which is in DIRE need of it. I think the backseat contains, along with various preschool projects, 2 sets of sheets given to me somewhere along the way, no less that 3 sweatshirts for the kid, several socks of different sizes and colors, 2 or 3 cowboy shirts that the boy discarded when it was hot and god only knows how many broken plastic toys, hot wheels cars and rocks that would seriously wound a person should I wreck). Yes, I think cleaning the car will be a "have to" this weekend, ambition or no.

My little niece, the youngest of the bunch, is prancing back and forth on the couch while her older brother is trying to watch Jimmy Neutron. She is covertly trying to piss him off, singing so sweetly. God, she is so cute. Quite onery too. She is just like her mother. Runs full tilt onery most of the time until she gets into trouble or stops to actually ask for something, then it's all sweetness and light, complete with batting eyelashes and an "i love you". Right at the moment, she is using her sandal as a bed for her "baby" which I can't see but I'm betting it's the little plastic farm animal she was carrying around earlier (editors note: Nope, the "baby" is the plastic lid to a PlayDoh canister). And she's screaming at her brother because he is antagonizing her by putting his feet on her, and drama queen that she is, she's is running around trying to hide her baby, effected dramatic, labored breathing ensues. She is such a funny little duck. Doesn't everyone wish they had kids?

Not a lot to write... Going to go internet crawling again (yes, fucking dial up SUCKS). May write more later

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.