Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Top Ten

Reasons why being single every day of the year is better than having a significant other on Valentine's Day!!

1: The bathroom is and always shall remain MY domain!
2: The entire bed is mine and I shall sprawl every which way, snoring as loud as I can and no one can say a thing!
3: I can eat a can of green beans with butter flavoring on it for dinner and my "significant other" is content with bologna and cheese, a banana and Top Ramen.
4: I have my own money. I get to do whatever with my money, whenever, without ever having to ask or OK it with someone.
5: I can sob openly at "Extreme Home Makeover" and Ty never makes fun of me.
6: Laundry. Need I say more? Having the kid's alone is enough. Men's underwear.
7: Flirting with anyone, anytime without any guilt.
8: Being left alone when I am on my period.
9: The freedom to roam where I may and not having to share holidays with families.
10:Exercising in my living room and flopping around like a beached whale, my son thinks I am cool and dancing. A MAN would be horrified, disgusted and hysterical and I would no longer do it, thus ruining my health for a man! (Although serious bouts of marathon sex would probably be enough exercise to keep me healthy. I would probably be happier, as a result.)

God, I hate Valentine's Day.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.