Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

to hell in a handbasket

The city up north was ok. The first night we were there, some kid pulled the well received stunt of pulling the fire alarm at five in the morning. Chaos ensued within our suite. Kids and us two moms were frantically trying to find shoes and coats while half asleep (though, who could SLEEP with that ear piercing racket??). Ty made it out the door, in mom's arms, with only his underwear on. By the time I got to the sidewalk, after 3 flights of stairs, he was shaking so bad, I could barely hold him. Whether from fright or the ten degree morning, I'm not sure. Mostly fright. The next night, I could barely convince him to stay in the motel. He wanted to stay in the van, with just our coats for covers. The van that we rented and couldn't return until Monday because no one could receive a rental on Sunday, although there were probably 50 people roaming around the Dodge place that day. It was a mess. I did have fun but, god, I'm glad we only do it once a year! I think I was just as excited to arrive home as I was to go in the first place. Tired, but happy.

We arrived home to the broken neck'd guy having been tossed in the clink, charged with felony assault. Domestic sort, his wife is a bitch and will do the most god awful things to him, only to come running back, telling him that she has uterine cancer and is dying from it, all the while scheming and plotting on how to hurt him next. Looking like the picture of over abundant health, with her 250 plus poundage.

A good friend has been accused and semi confessed to shooting a big horn sheep. It's a long story and one I don't feel like getting into. All the legal bullshit surrounding this is astounding and is stressing everyone out.

Then, today, I got the call. My pap came back abnormal again. The last checkup on the last abnormal pap. Wonderful. Abnormal glandular cells again. I will go to see a OB/GYN this time, instead of a GP. Probably another colposcopy. Then a LEAP procedure. Fun, fun. I just don't want to fucking go through this again. I feel, deep down, that it will be ok, but still, the angst and stress and worry that I put myself through, being the drama queen that I am. I just don't want to do it. It's been a long day. I think I will go take a bath and go to bed.

P.S. Happy Birthday, Dad. You're a "real" sweetheart!

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.