Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Friday, January 27, 2006

I saw him dancin' there by the record machine...

So, the first day of 29 wasn't so bad. I am really tired, though. I knew I shouldn't have gone out for drinks. Despite being the first to leave at 11:30, I feel like I stayed out all night. It was nice though. Just a few of us, the real, true friends (minus, of course, the wonderful BzBiff) that I have here. The boys gave me a card saying that they hoped I would have a really "great" day, and taped 3 condoms (still packaged) to the inside. 2 of them were expired. Hmmm, I wonder who provided THOSE?? Haha. Good thing he doesn't know that this blog exists.

Today was spent measuring minutes by yawns. And coasting through it in that sleep-deprived, sinus heavy haze. You know the feeling. Like your eyelids are puffed out and hanging down, somewhat similar to a hound dog.

And we will turn around and do it again on Saturday night. I am a sort of glutton for torture, I suppose. My only redemption being that Sunday I may loll about on the couch, catching cat naps in between the child's entrances and exits.

Babies, babies, everywhere. Dad told me that this is a big year for twins. So far we have 7 or 8 sets of twins. And our corporate neighbor in Idaho has 11 or 12. That's kind of neat. You generally don't see that many twins. One usually dies or the mother dies trying to get them out. I promise, I WILL post pictures as soon as I can. I tried to get out and take some the other morning, but it was too cold and my camera lens kept getting all frosted over. Plus, the rechargable batteries SUCK. Sorry, BzBiff, they die within mere minutes of actual run time. I will get some dependable ones and take some pics. I've missed it.

The lovely Rose is back. Welcome back from the dark side, honey. I always feel so bad when I know that you are suffering so and I never know what to say. I get depressed but I usually talk myself out of it and it's nothing compared to what you go through. I get sad, then pissed at the world in general, bawl off and on for a day or so and then it goes away. Know that I've thought about you countless times and thought off and on "Should I call? Nah, I'll just let her be." Hugs to you, Rose. And it's good to see you back. The blog-o-sphere loses some of it's magic when you are gone!

I am thinking I need to get up off my fat arse and do the dishes, laundry, get the kid bathed, etc. Maybe I'll just go float around in the internet for a bit and go to bed!! Hey, one year older, 1/2 an hour earlier to bed? Is that right? Well, it should be. Loves all...

P.S. Awww, what a nice sister!!! Go see what she says about me on my birthday!

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.