Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

sky rockets in flight

Ahh, the weather. It's been perfect, for me. Nice and crisp, almost (dare I say it?) WARM during the day and frosty mornings. Love it.

Today, the new daycare provider came. I really like her. She seems very down to earth and warm and open and I am hoping that things will move along smoothly. Translates to: I hope that Ty doesn't freak out like he did the day we had a stand-in babysitter and my son actually ran down the street, screaming his head off like Jason or Freddy was after him, while the wide eyed, sweet girl stood there apologizing to me. Like she had something to feel sorry about, it was ME and my absolute embarrassment that my son would act like she was an axe murderer. I felt bad that he would react to her like that. Especially since she was trying so hard. I have a sneaking suspicion that Ty and his little act of horror was partially responsible for her not wanting to do it again.

I've been telling him for a while that there was going to be a new babysitter and I am going to introduce them before he has to go there full-time, so that he can at least see her and know who she is before I just dump him into her arms. Come to think of it, that's probably what I'll have to do in the end, quite literally, pick him up, like I did last time and lock him in the house with her. God, I am such a cold hearted person, judging by that last line. I'll also tell you, I went back (after getting to the car) opened the door and told him he could come with me for a while. I talked him out of his histrionics and we were back in less than an hour and he totally fell in love with her and wanted her, only, to babysit him.

The office assistant is going to his doctor at the end of the week. He's already gadding about without his neck brace, making me quite nervous. Smart ass that he is, he actually sat across from me this morning and popped his neck. I almost shat myself. He received quite the lecture. And this afternoon, he was reclining in his chair, napping, as is his afternoon delight. He moved wrong and all of a sudden, screaming from his half of the room and Lori sitting there, with pounding heart, dreading the words that will come from him. "Owwwcchhhh! Maybe I shouldn't move that way. That was a bad idea." Snoooooorrre. I don't know if he was talking in his sleep or what, but it certainly revved MY heartbeat up a little bit.

I hate those little surprises after 30 minutes or so of total, absolute quiet. The popping balloon, the sonic boom, the jets that favor our little valley for practicing their maneuvers. My dad has a habit of turning the CB radio up 3/4 of the way to it's max. And I really get pissed after one of those lengthy silences when all of a sudden "pickup 4 to 21" blares from right behind my left ear. Trials and tribulations of my life. Maybe I should rename the blog?

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.