Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Monday, July 23, 2007

the first time

My son woke up this morning with a kinked neck.

It's his first time. He is convinced that he is going to fall apart and that maybe, he should go to the hospital.

I feel so bad for him. How do you tell a six year old to move his head around as much as he can so that the kink will be relieved? It sounds ridiculous to me and I am 30. When I told him that he would have to move his head around to get rid of the kink, he looked at me like I was ... intelligently stunted. 'Move it around so that it hurts more?' Poor guy.

Yesterday, we spent the afternoon swimming and I am really quite proud of the boy. He is trying so hard and when he comes up gasping for air with sinus cavities full of chlorine, he gags and retches and blows snot and then jumps right back in. This summer, at daycare, the kids all went to swimming lessons in a town nearby and it really shows in my niece. She moves like a fish.

Today, I get another office boy. The regular one is in California, broke down. He can't get parts for his truck until Wednesday so he'll be back on Thursday. The new one is the old one, if you all follow that.

The new/old one is my friend that broke his neck in a car accident, thus rendering him unable to ride horses for a couple of months. This time, he was bucked off onto some rather hard ground and broke a rib. He thought he had a back injury but what happened was the rib broke off next to his backbone. So he'll be in the office with me and the other one for a while, I think. He is hoping to go back to work on Thursday. Amazing what these guys will do just to get back up on the horse.

Oh, and the office boys? They both have the same first name.

By the way, the thousand and one flies have reproduced to eleventy billion and my friggin' fly swatter broke. Not good seeing as how the store is OUT of fly swatters. Nice.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.