Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

All Clogged Up

I am sick. Sick. Sick. My head weighs 58 pounds and 56 pounds of that is snot. My body aches and I am feverish, off and on. Let's give a great big welcome to COLD AND FLU SEASON!!! Yay! I have missed you so much.

It snowed today. I stayed home and had a helluva time keeping the boy in the house. At 2, I finally managed to convince him to stay in (by calling Santa) so that his coat and gloves could dry out, not to mention the soaked through cowboy boots. Why is it that every time I think about buying snowboots for him I am sidetracked? He really needs them and I will further increase my debt by buying him a pair this year.

Yesterday, he tried out the smock and became barber at the daycare. Yes, he cut 3 little girls' hair, one of them his cousin. One of them, he shore almost down to the scalp. Naturally, it would be the little girl that has never had a hair cut. His cousin's is noticeable, but only if you are looking hard. She has crazy, riotous curly hair that I adore. It's hard to brush, but not so much anymore, at least not in the front...tee hee. I know, it's not funny. Especially when it's your own kid getting shorn. I would hope that I would be able to laugh at it, though. Because it's not like permanent damage or anything. Life is way too short to grumble about such small things, especially when the shorn child itself hasn't a care about it.

Ah, well. That's all I've got for now. Mucous is clouding my thought formation. I've already had to go back and make corrections cuz i's so bad at the grammar! Not usually, hopefully it is just that I just suck at forming coherent thoughts when I'm not well.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.