Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Forecast is For An Eeyore Kind of Day

So, I didn't get totally shitty. I was moderately inebriated by the time I arrived home. Full of sorrow, I cried myself to sleep. One of my close friends was in a wreck the other evening. And last night, I was told that he had broken his neck. They will do surgery in a couple of days and he'll probably never ride another horse again. I am breathless and heartbroke over his losing his lifestyle in a matter of seconds. The thing about these cowboys is, being on the back of a horse, it's like breathing to them. And to take that away, it kills something inside of them. I've watched my dad go through it. He can't ride as often as he would like. Between the job he has now and all of the various breaks and aches, it hurts him pretty bad. It's like watching the sun go down on the most glorious day you've ever had. And I am hurting so much for my friend, only to find out that he is back with his ex-wife and she isn't the most encouraging of females. Neither to him (she's really rather BAD for him and TO him, actually) nor for fostering female friendship with her husband. Just another page in my tear soaked drama. Today is going to be a bad day, so will this week, with the not knowing how he is or how to get in touch with him. The only thing I can do is pray for him and hope that he knows I care. He helped me so much when I was going through some pretty hard stuff and I will never forget that. Jealous ex-wife/girlfriend be damned. I'll find some way to let him know. After all, I am the office manager at his place of employment.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.