Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Postcards from the Edge

There is this site that puts up these postcards. People send in a homemade postcard and write their secrets on them. They are all anonymous and most are so tragic and heart wrenching. There was one on there when I first found the site. It was a picture of an ultrasound done on a baby. On the front, it said "She's not mine" and on the back it said "I love her anyway". My god. I bawled. One person wrote in and talked of 100% true love. No kidding. Not to mention courage and faith and kindness and heart. It took my breath away. And still does when I picture it in my head. This site is http://postsecret.blogspot.com/. An incredible site. It is updated Sundays and first thing Monday morning, I'm looking for it.

What a week. The teenager came to stay for a trial run. Her mom had an out-of-town meeting to go to. I love the girl, I do. But I am glad to have my space again. She's a good girl and I do so enjoy her. It just takes some getting used to, having someone else in your space. Next week, we go to full weeks.

The old saying bad things happen in 3's? Well, yeah they do. I am a full believer of it. First, one of the people here in town had a major heart attack. Just keeled over during jury duty. Second, the guy that had been trying to make me his girlfriend this summer flipped his car. Due to heavy fog, roadside mud and his drinking. Actually, his drinking was (is) one of the reasons why I never succumbed to his charms. And third, my neighbor and one of my closest friends slipped on her stairs (again with the fog from the night before) and broke her leg and screwed up her other ankle. Poor girl. Loves ya' N! Heal up soon.

Superstition.... I am superstitious. Blame it on my Irish/Scottish genes or my adoration of all things mystic and magical. I veer away from black cats, I throw spilt salt over my shoulder, I don't walk underneath ladders. There are about 100 others but when I try to think of them, my mind draws a blank.

Blogger is now a banned site at work. That is the reason there have been so few posts this week. Maybe I'll start blogging in the mornin' or at night when I am home. We'll see how it works out. I am so bad about sticking with things, I am realizing. Nice. I'm almost 29 and I can't keep up a blog for more than a month.

Work is the same. Little sis is going to an office job starting Monday. So she's happy about that, or not. Actually, she is a little frightened about being in there by her lonesome. N, the neighbor, works in there as well and has been teaching M all about it. Now with N at home, M will have to go in and learn on her own. Not really, several people will help her, myself included, seeing as how it was my job before the current one. She'll be fine. She'll just need to remember to ask questions. Who, where, when? As long as they give you detailed instructions about what to order, you'll be fine. Just remember to ask them questions, like what IS that and is there anything I need to know? Thickness, length, how many, where do I order it? When does it need to be here? RK will learn ya' about the PO's. I can't remember. The book is helpful, too.

That's pretty much all I have. Since October of last year, I have lost 22 pounds. Yay me. It definitely could have been much more, had I been trying all this time instead of the starts and stops, but hey, whatever. It will be more. Probably close to 28 pounds by the end of this year. I'm sure there is more floating around in my brain. Like the book I am reading. I started the Diana Gabaldon series over again. The Outlander Series. And I'm maybe 60 pages into Outlander and already, it is sucking me in. Lord, how I so love those books. Started them over so that I could read the new one "A Breath of Snow and Ashes" with it all still fresh in my mind. Thank goodness it finally came out, I've been waiting FOREVER. Later.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.