Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Tiptoe Through the Tulips With Me

I'm am t.i.r.e.d... Who knew it was so tiring to have someone be in the office with you all day long? I suppose it comes from trying to find things to entertain him and eat up time. I am, of course, referring to friend with broken neck, who is now put on sedentary work. He will be going back and forth between myself and the little sister. I warned him. I told him to pick up a book at the library and he wondered around but never got a book. So, I get to sit there and listen to him sigh and watch him staring at the walls, because really, I have no patience to teach someone how to figure out fuel tax reports when I've just figured them out myself. Although, he is a fairly intelligent man and I'm sure he could figure it out fairly quickly, himself.

Weather is turning friggin' cold again. I am sure that it will freeze hard tonight. Such a shame to see, after noticing all of the green coming up. January and we've got baby shoots of grass sprouting, already. Amazing. I read / heard somewhere that if the current warming trend continues, there will be no more extreme cold, anywhere by 2118 or some odd year. Wow. You get all these "greenies" blaming it on global warming and blah, blah, blah, but I wonder if it's just the cyclic nature of...nature? Like El Nino? One never knows. And I laugh at those who think they've got it all figured out, down to the person, like the president, to blame.

Meeting with the grant people went ok. I sat there and nodded and smiled and within 10-15 minutes, I was out of there, thank god, because my stomach was starting to growl pretty hard at that point in time. The board had been served lunch and it smelled so good, some sort of apple crisp in a crockpot for dessert. My stomach was having fits over having to sit there and smell that while I was so nervous about having to speak in public to a board trying to decide whether or not to give us $9,000. But I got out of there just before I started getting all pukey and light headed from low blood sugar. And we (the board) laughed about how easy and non-threatening it was. Discussed a few things and then went on our merry way.


Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.