Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

what a wonderful world

What a day. 2 more of our cowboys quit. I was up most of the night with a gagging, choking, coughing little boy. Butt-hurt is trying to wiggle her way back into the fold. An innocent boy was devastated by something she told him about us. God, I am in need of some serious Calgon time.

Cowboys quitting... At this time of year, it's tragic. We've got cows starting to drop calves all over the cold and frozen ground. Cold and frozen when the weather is normal for this time of year. Which, this year, the weather has been FAR from normal. We've got rain / snow showers predicted for the rest of this week and calving will start in full force probably by the middle of next week. Babies + inclement weather = a lot of sick and dying babies. Argh. Oh well, justice will be served. Most cowboys will stick with a job at least through the spring and put off quitting until then, so they'll be hard pressed to find a job. Total of cowboys quitting this week: 4.

The tot and his coughing. It's a nasty bug. My dad is still trying to fight it off and as a man in his 60's, he's really having a rough time. I've noticed the last couple of years that it's getting harder and harder for the old man to shake any sickness he comes down with. It scares me. I hate to see him and my mom getting old. I know that it's inevitable, but...

About what butt-hurt told the boy. He is in some rather precarious circumstances when it comes to minors and she told him that we (merce and i) didn't want him around our kids for fear that he might hurt one of them. It's bad enough what she did to me. But this boy, she talks to him every night and to say something so blatantly UNTRUE, just to work her agenda? Fuck her. That poor kid. When Merce told me, it made tears come to my eyes. He must have been so hurt. For the record: This is a boy that I have just recently started to relate to. I've thought he was a punk for a while, but through his girlfriend and others, I realize that while he comes off as one, he is really rather nice.

Plus, my favorite UPS person, IN THE WORLD, retired today. I am sad to see you go, Clete. I hope that your retirement is wonderful.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.