Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

getting restless

Yes, yes, I am still here and alive, thank God.

I keep (kept) meaning to post about this and that and it just never gets done. Too much to do in the few hours I am home.

We came home on Tuesday and then on Wednesday, we turned around and went into town to go to the circus. I joked that I wanted to show the boy what a true circus is, not just the daily one he sees around here. Oh, how true that is!

The neighbor was over here tonight. He came over to brag about mowing my lawn and ask me how my trip went. Eventually, talk turned to Merce and her man and the goings-on there.

He got me to talking about how I am feeling about this stuff and I realized, just as the words were pouring forth from my lips, how sad and lonely I am for her. It seems like I've been pushed clear off the radar unless she needs milk or something. I feel like I've been dumped.

Oh sob. I know.

Traveling with 3 children should require a prescription. Seriously. Maybe a heavy duty, long lasting one. When you travel 6+ hours in a car with three children who go through various degrees of meltdown, inside of and outside of (namely IN a WalMart) the car, life gets a wee bit stressful. Poor kids. They were all so exhausted from the whole vacation. I knew I should have come back a day early, just to have one day for recovery. Not to mention it would have been one day less of staying up late, getting up early and playing all day at a level guaranteed to kill lesser people. I hope they all had a good time.

I did. It was nice to be away. From everything. People back talking and lying. From the small town snarkiness and gossips. To be in another bosom of the family, being taken care of and reading for hours on end. It was wonderful and restful and I'll be going back in August. Here lately, I've been considering making it a permanent move.

I'm not getting any younger people and if my younger sister's relationship is any indication of what I could expect, hooking up with someone local, I think I'll take Nevada. We'll just have to see how it all goes. Besides, there is SO much to do for the kids there, where my older sister lives. It blows me away. And there is hardly anything for them to do here. No wonder BzBiff is so stringent in her mothering. They should all be alcoholics or drug addicts, according to the environment. I might be just getting restless.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.