Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

too many people in too small of a space make Lori a very irritable girl

Well, I made it. I am here, partially.

I feel like a train wreck. There are so many goddamned people around and so much to do and here and there and everywhere. We've been at a 'shoot' all day. Watching children shoot shotguns at clay pigeons. The boys, my nephews, were shooting, all day long. It was state finals, so there were buttloads of people around and all the kids were (are) tired from staying up last night. And of course, us backwoods rednecks aren't used to this kind of activity so we are all dragging ass.

I'm tired and beat up, sunburned to boot. But not nearly so bad as dear Rose. I hope you feel better soon, sweetheart. It sounds like you took quite the digger.

There were tornados, the day that I came. In Nevada. Good Lord, I am aware that you were trying to warn me away from a slow, tortuous death from trying to cram everything we want to do into 3 days. Thank you for the warning. But some things, you just gotta stick with and I know that older sister would never forgive me for turning tail and running. Thank you for the warning and please don't destroy her new house with a tornado. We'd all be so much appreciative, if you'd direct any and all destructive winds from here.
I must go. Children need to be wrangled in. My eyelids are heavy and they (older sister, brother-in-law and nephews) should be coming home. Guess I'll go and clean the mess I made when I made dinner. Sheesh, maybe I should have stayed the extra 3 hours and splurged on the $7/plate dinner, huh?

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.