Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Monday, May 22, 2006

a mother of a monday

I am returned from camping. I returned yesterday but was much to tired to try and post any thoughts that might be considered somewhat coherent.

It was fantastic. Cool mountain air and the sweet sound of bullfrogs with gentle waters lapping to rock you to sleep (aided by the feeling you get after you've had one too many margaritas on the rocks). We had a grand time. I would post a picture, but the only ones I have include people who might not be so excited that their photo is floating around on the internet. Yucca made it's grand appearance and all shared in it's kicking lemonade sort of goodness. Yes, they were impressed. As well they should have been. We all laughed until we were sore and everything came home drenched in campfire smell. Of course, everything was also filthy and muddy, because it rained three quarters of the time we were up there. But in true western spirit, we enjoyed every minute of it and laughed with rain on our faces.

The boy also survived and I am thankful that the babysitter didn't sell him to the first bidder that came to town.

Today, I was verily grateful for the small vacation because it was the MOTHER of all Monday's. Today is the reason people hate waking up on this first day of the week.

The computers were crashed, people were calling with 50 different questions during their 7 minute phone calls (confusing me even more than I already was), and it was C.O.L.D. After the unseasonal heat wave that we had over the last week, the 55 degree high was awfully hard to take today. Seriously, I turned the heaters back on.

Here's to tomorrow and the long weekend approaching, may it erase the memory of this Monday from my mind. The poor boy. I am really trying hard to not rip his head off and scream myself hoarse. I finally sent him to his cousins' in the hopes that we could make it through the evening before one of us (probably the smaller) ended up in tears.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.