Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

what to do, what to do

...when you receive an hour's grace from work?

The boy has also survived an ant attack. He got bit 4 times, however and I can only sympathize with the having of one.

He was riding his bike and didn't notice the ant hill because it wasn't very big. When his front tire went through the hill, the soft dirt sucked him down. He said he fell and then stood right back up because of the ants and they were already swarming all over his shirt, he naturally freaked and got them all off but a couple three or four made it up into his helmet and got him where his chin strap lay and up under the back part, right at his hairline. Poor little love.

When his cousin came running to me to tell me what had happened, my heart almost exploded. I was scared and running before I knew it, aghast at what condition I would find him in. Luckily, it was only a few bites, but even with one, you're uncomfortable for hours afterward because any time any thing touches it, it fills like stinging nettle has swiped across your skin. And the only thing that helps is ice. The Benadryl helps after 5-6 hours, especially if you've just eaten, right before the 'incident', but ice is the key.

And with the bites being all around his head, he had a hard time, finding a position in which to sleep and remain asleep and would wake up crying for the ice. So, my reprieve from work was granted because the boy was still asleep and needed a little extra rest.

Of course, five minutes after I got off the phone, the water truck drove by and the eyeballs of my son popped wide open.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.