Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Good times

My older sister is here and the partying commences for the weekend. We have an annual festival celebrating the blood sucking efforts of a certain bug to attend to.

Really, it is just an excuse to get together and drink and dance and have a rodeo/horse roping.

It started last evening. After my sister got here (her air conditioning froze up and quit working about and hour and a half away from here) we went to the bar for dinner. They serve some awesome pizza. While we were there, two gentlemen came in for dinner. They sat behind us and at first, all was well. But when you are in a little town in a little bar that is bustling busy while normally there are only 5 people or so in there and most of them are drinking, not eating, it is best to remember that they are doing the best that they can.

These older men that were sitting behind us proceeded to drink 3 beers each and then they got obnoxious. They started harassing the waitstaff about "goddammit, we've been here for an hour and haven't got our food while people who arrived after us have gotten theirs." I tried to talk him down and tell him that we all know what it is like to be busy and most people will call in their orders before they come in because they know how long it is going to take. He shut me down and proceeded to piss of all of the people who were working there PLUS the owners. In fact, when we left, the man that owns it who is, by no means, a shrinking violet, came out the door and wanted to know where those two old men were. I would have paid good money to see the expression on that old codger's face when Tom confronted him about his behaviour.

As it was, we had some good food, we were joined by good friends and while we were eating, our dinner and drinks was paid for by another friend of ours who I've been trying to write off because he is just so damn flaky and... chameleon-like. I have a hard time respecting people who change to suit everyone else.

It was a good night and we'll probably be back in there tonight so that Miss can play pool.
She even has a special glove that I thought (seriously) was a Barbi outfit.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.