Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Day 14 of no more smokes for Lori

It is on it's way. My dad tried to fall over backwards today when he made one wrong step. Arthritis and the onset of cold weather. I've had my heater on consistently for the last 3 days. The weather is changing. Last night it rained and just stayed cold all night and most of the day.

I am on day 14 of quitting smoking. They say that days 7-14, the cravings come back pretty hard. I don't know. The cravings didn't seem any different than they have all this time before. I miss it and I probably always will. There have been a few times when I felt like bawling because I wanted a cig sooo bad but for some reason or another, I just talked myself out of wanting it and I haven't had one, even though I feel like my stress level has been exceptionally high this last week or so. Funny what happens when you make up your mind about something. Now, if I could just make up my mind about not eating everything that isn't nailed down, I'd be set!!! (thank you, adjustment period for birth control pills that makes me a hoover in Gap jeans!)

I looked for some kind of miracle that happens on day 14, but all I could find, really was this: " in two weeks, your circulation will increase and will continue to improve for the next 10 weeks". I never really seemed to have a whole lot of problems with my circulation so that was kind of a disappointing factoid. I wanted something more miraculous and amazing like" your lungs have healed 5% of the damage inflicted" or something to that degree. I want to feel like I have accomplished something dammit! Although, really just getting through 14 days without smoking after having smoked for 15 years is really, accomplishment enough.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.