Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Damn Cheeseburgers

Today I travelled to a town to have my yearly girl exam.

She wants me to lose weight (duh!, not like that HASN'T been an ongoing project!), have my cholesterol checked, go on the pill and quit smoking. Personally, I think she was getting me back for having to palpitate my sweaty boobs. Seriously, the room was like 110 degrees and if you know me, well, let's just say I am NOT lacking in under-boob sweat.

I am like your most stereotypical bad girl.

Fat, smokes, sleeps around, eats too many cheeseburgers.

At least my blood pressure was good. Thank you medicine!

The weather is still doing it's back and forth thing. This morning, it was 36 degrees. Tomorrow, the forecast high is 89 degrees. I feel lots of sinus pressure coming on. I could feel it today as I traversed the back roads in the high country. It was a little bit like having your head smashed in by a huge log being lowered, millimeter by millimeter right onto your forehead. And sneeze! And cough! And rinse and repeat! All the way home! (2 hrs and 15 minutes worth)

My son is spot on tonight. Fulfilling my never ending prediction that he will be incarcerated at some point in his life. It was a mere 5 minutes ago that he got in the shower and it's after nine. So much for having his routine back by now... Ugh.

Last night the boy and I took a ride down to the dump to toss some cardboard boxes and on our way back, we saw a coyote run across the road.... about 50 yards from my front door. It's a wild and woolly place we live in. Today, I saw a 6 point buck while I was driving home. He was far, far up into the mountains. Being the country girl that I am, I am a little bit ashamed to say out loud, that I hope he makes it into another season. He was purty nice lookin'.

I found the cash and carry in Klamath Falls today. BzBiff has dubbed it 'the redneck's Costco' which I find hilarious and yet, appropriate. I didn't see one thing in there that might not be detrimental to my "new"** healthy lifestyle. I was amazed at the fact that I could buy AuJus stuff BY THE GALLON!! I am in loooove. No wonder she wants to see my cholesterol levels. Oh, and they sale nacho cheese sauce!

**I say "new" because I have been working on a healthy eating lifestyle... forever and well, it's now new-old lifestyle. For some reason, the damn cheeseburgers always get me....

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.