Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

hanging out and hanging on

Some days... I just want to go back to bed and start all over again. Some days, I also want to take my letter opener and inflict some serious damage upon all those fucking idiots I deal with.

One of our guys was arrested for domestic violence and we've been dealing with that.

One of our cooks is slowly driving every person around her insane with her incessant demands and whining. Not to mention the bad mouthing of my friend that she knows is my friend and yet, she continually snipes about her not only around me but TO me. I don't know why I haven't snapped and given her my honest opinion. Mostly, I suppose it is my job and I'm to be nice to everyone, the same.

NEWS FLASH: My kid is a brat. I got it, I lived through it, barely. There is always that first time and I admit, there were tears. I got the phone call from the teacher. To be completely honest with myself (believe me there was enough of "I'm a shitty parent" to last awhile) I knew that Ty would be having a bad day. He was tired and his allergies are kicking his ass. I also gave him allergy meds which affect him the same way they do me. We need a nap. However, he is now under strict rules and is grounded for not listening and for blatantly running through the sprinklers although he was told specifically not to ("I was sooo hot, Mom. It was right after soccer practice"). We'll see what happens. He has promised that he will come home with a stamp, every day from here on out. I think I scared my Dad a bit when I walked into his office, sat down and burst into tears. He was a tad... agog. He just kept telling me "It's just the boy growing up, Lori. It doesn't mean you are a crappy parent."
God bless him for trying.

AND, I am on day ten of no smoking. I am just barely hanging in there, by the skin on my fingernails, but I have vowed to at least make it through day 14. Some days are worse (*ahem* YESTERDAY), some aren't too bad. I'll get there, I'm sure. I just need to remember to take day by day.

Honestly? I'd chew a hole through my arm to have a cigarette right now.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.