Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

And we finally have a sunny Saturday, folks!

Yesterday was madness. It just never ended. The phones, the work. At a quarter after five, I was back in the office re-addressing a packet to send out. It was for my friend that broke his neck, so I wasn't minding too much.

He got lucky. One vertebrae away from paralyzing him. He didn't have to have surgery because it was a clean break, straight across. And when he went in for x-rays, it was setting there, all lined up and so they opted for no surgery. Nor for a halo, which we all thought for sure we'd get some fun out of. Not out of meanness, just being pure onery. But no, they put him just in a neck brace and sent him home. God, it was good to hear from him. I wished him a happy late birthday and told him 5 or 6 times to call me. It was so good to finally talk to him, I almost cried afterward.

At the moment, I am getting my ass chewed for giving my son coffee. By someone who has no kids, but whose older sister is a pediatrician so he thinks he knows it all. My Dr. told me to go ahead with the coffee when we discovered by chance how much it helped his allergies. So he always nags at me about the caffeine and I politely tell him to mind his own fucking business and it's my kid and it hasn't killed any of us to have had it as kids. But for some reason, he always forgets and acts surprised and disapproving every time he hears that I am giving Ty coffee. Whatever.

I didn't go to the funeral. And as per usual, my conscience is biting me in the ass. I figure one of these nights, Merce and I will go and have our own ceremony at the cemetery, paying our own last respects. He was fond o' a wee bit of whiskey, so we shall get all tipsy and go celebrate his life at his grave site. He was actually o'erly fond of the whiskey, so it seems fitting to pay tribute to him thattaway.

Guess that's pretty much all that's floating around in my head right at the moment. Probably blog again today. We'll see.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.