Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Off on the prattling end of things again

It's a yucky, snowy Monday. My god, the work today. It was an avalanche. Every time I turned around, it was something else. Somebody calling, "Oops, I forgot to mention, you need to fill these out and then have them fill those papers out!" Opening mail and discovering another 2 ft. of paperwork that needed my time and energy. Good cryin' out loud. Then it started snowing, cold, dry and quickly freezing snow. The roads - AWFUL. Time - way too little of it. Patience - long since worn thin.

My dad came and got me at about 4:00 to go get my niece and the boy. He (my dad) forbade me to drive anywhere in this crap. So little sister and I were stuck in a 25 x 16 foot room with TWO children. Also in this room are two desks, two computers, a bookcase that is about 8-9 ft. long and divides the room into 1/4 and 3/4. It was interesting. A resounding headache is the result. I did get some stuff done while they were there, but it was, well, WORK. We left about 15 minutes early, eager to be out in the Arctic blast and 5 inches of snow, just to be out of all that "closeness". The kids too, although the reason for their eagerness was probably more along the lines of self-preservation. God knows, they were probably right on the money with that. One spilled water on her mother's papers (an accident, poor sweeting) and the other hung off of me, especially when I got on the phone. Like if he pressed close enough, he might hear what the other person was saying. Grated my nerves down to the nub, I tell you. He's now preoccupied with Tom and Jerry. Bless the teenager's heart, she puts up with him hanging all over her when we get home and even let's him watch his own shows, although I assure her that she doesn't have too. I know there are shows that she wants to watch, too.

My friend - C - is home, ALONE. He's the one who broke his neck. I can't believe that a person would just bring him home and drop him off, to fend for himself WITH A BROKEN NECK. And this being the woman who professes to care for this man. Well, she professes anyway. Actions speak louder than words, do they not? And I can't see myself letting someone I loved sit at home, alone, with such an injury. They probably got into a big fight. You know men when they are recuperating. The most pleasant of species to confer with, they are most assuredly NOT. Although, she's not the most pleasant on any given day of the week, so I'm not placing blame any which way. I've heard someone say that they suspected she had tied him up and was torturing him up there in her lair. Terrible thing is, it's almost something that I can see her doing. Ok, maybe not. Maybe I just dislike her because of that whole intimidation thing. God knows, she does intimidate me. When she asked if I was fucking her husband, I seriously thought about jumping out of the car while it was rolling along at 50 miles an hour. I figured that she had asked me to go with her just so that she wouldn't have a witness. Goodness, I do rattle on...

So that's what's shakin' in my part of the world. Extreme cold, slight snow drifts, constant nose wiping, a perpetual phone ringing off the hook in my small mind, a small headache from pulling my hair out at the roots (I hear Rogaine works wonders. After this week, I may need to invest in some!). Hope you all had a wonderful Monday.

Quick P.S. The girl - Sarah - did lose the twins on Wednesday. By the time they got to the hospital, she was dialated to 6 and her water had broke. The little girl was stillborn and the dr.'s think that is what started the labor. The little boy died 20 minutes later. My heart aches for this girl. I am so sad and hurting for her loss.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.