Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

more whining about the weather

I am so sick of winter. Snow, stop, snow, stop. I am very much ready for spring.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and it is supposed to snow again. Wonderful. My dad is telling me to cancel it because it just looks too nasty. I looked at all of the weather cams and weather reports and I think I can handle it. But you never know. While it may say only one inch accumulation, it could end up 12 or it could end up none. You never know. And I do have chains and all. I've never put them on, but I suppose I could figure it out, if need be.

My sister is in need of a new car. My dad told her to bring the idea to me of buying my car while she pays me a huge chunk of money and I go buy myself a new car. I want to. I do. Who doesn't want a new car? I know I certainly do. But, I just paid off my car, using a debt consolidation loan to pay off a bunch of bills. It helps that I am not paying on all of this debt, but the loan payment is still pretty steep. I don't know. I don't think I am going to. And it almost puts me in tears because I know how much she needs it. And really, what is money when it comes to something that is a NEED in a place as rural as this? I don't think I can do it, financially. I'll mess around with my budget some more and give her an answer. I am worried that she thinks I am just being snotty about it or that it will hurt her feelings. She says not to feel pressured, but I do. I know that it would be a wonderful solution to her problem, however, it would create a fairly large one for myself. When I get the chance, I just need to sit down and go carefully over all of my budget. As it is looking, though, with a $200 payment (we all know that isn't going to be a fairly NEW or very dependable rig!), it only leaves me with like $250 for gas, groceries, doctor bills (that are coming up). *sigh*

Ty fell asleep in the car last night at about 5:45, while we were waiting to pick up Merce's son from his friend's house, and he did not wake up until 6:15 this morning. I am still in shock. He woke up bright-eyed and bushy tailed, wanting something to eat and drink. Laughing and loves already having occurred. He's just in a really good mood, which sets the tone for the day, for me. His dad's uncle died last week and I'm wondering if the snake is going to be around for the funeral. Not like he would come here and see us, but still. I wish the man would pull his head out of his ass.

Things are looking up for my friend, the jail bird. I talked to his attorney yesterday and he wants me to find people to write letters in support of Clint. He thinks that his (ex??) wife will even write one and tells me that she isn't pressing any of this at all, that it's the D.A. trying to make an example out of Clint. Well, I believe it. I remember what the D.A. wanted to do to my brother over a DUI. Although it wasn't anything harsher than what I wanted to do to him, but still, I'm family and outsiders don't count. So say a little prayer for the idiot man that may or may not have thrown a TV at his wife. I truly, honestly cannot see him doing something of the sort. I can see him knocking it to the floor but throwing it AT her, meaning to harm her? No, I don't think so. I know that alcohol was involved and that he has some serious issues with alcohol, which I am hearing he is hoping will be corrected by a stint in prison. But his attorney is hoping it won't come to that. Clint really is a good, kind, smart man who deserves the chance to rehabilitate.

Gotta go start my day.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.