Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

another day

The weather is so nice. Today I got my first mosquito bite. Yes, here in the lovely 'Outback of Oregon' we celebrate the seasons by the bugs we encounter.

We went and watched the kids play baseball. I love it. It is so cute and sweet. The outfielders (sometimes even first basemen) rolling around in the dirt, come the fourth and fifth innings. It's just gratifying to watch them try so hard and then, that moment when something, eventually, rolls along the way it's supposed to. The parents and grandparents cheering them on, whether they hit or miss. A friend of mine believes he could have won $10,000 off of some of the bloopers today. It was a great way to end the day.

Tomorrow, I go in for CPR recertification. It's a must do for the ranch we work on. Most of the people piss and moan over it, but I'm sure they don't mind getting to sit around for half a day.

Older sister is coming for Mother's Day this weekend. Her husband will be in Las Vegas at a pool tournament. So, we're looking forward to seeing her and her 3 kids this weekend.

I guess I'll get the boy in bed. Not much going on, sorry for the boring post.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.