Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Friday, May 05, 2006

and the clouds come breezing in...

The handsome one is gone *sigh* I went out and saw him last night. I'll miss him. Not the public persona 'him' but the him that sits and talks to me for 2 hours about everything and anything. I forget about his 'public persona' vs. the 'chatty' one and am always surprised at how smart he is and how he can astound me with all sorts of trivia about the most obscure shit that no one ever thinks about, much less mentions. And as much as he can be a total dickhead "I told her I wouldn't kiss her again until she shaved off that mustache!" that he really is so nice (well, I guess if you don't have a gender bending mustache or are of a bovine in estrus type of nature {I'm looking at YOU of the 'run-in with the bovine' incident!!}). And he's gone. Off to see his new niece and then on a plane headed for TX, land of 'fluffy blondes with big tits and long legs'. Hence, the clouds...

Actually, the clouds did come skidding in about an hour or so ago. It's looking like it might try to rain this weekend, judging by this sky. I doubt it will. But then again, of course it will. Just so my allergies can go even more fucking haywire than they already are.

I went for my LEEP results yesterday. Half & Half. The biopsies tested positive in the margins for severe cervical dysplasia and were classified as a CIN III. It wasn't cancer, she said. It was dysplasia, of a severe sort. But cancer is also in that same classification. Anyway, she did a comb biopsy after she cut all of those chunks (and they were chunks) and the comb biopsy came back negative. So, we've set a pap for August and here's to keeping our fingers crossed that it doesn't come back abnormal, huh? And that's the half bad part.

The half good is that 9 times out of 10, it won't come back if she got it all. Send a prayer or 6 up for me cuz if it does, I'm telling her to cut the fucking thing out, I'm sick of this shit already. I'm cautiously optimistic that the worst is over. So much for my general theory of 'prepare for the worst'. I'm sick of it, though. I've been preparing for the worst for the last year. My natural sunny nature is trying to shine through and I'm getting sick and tired of the cynic beating Mary Sunshine up.

That's about all I got right now. I am worn out from the handsome boy being here. The memory of him in his dad's cowboy boots is probably enough to keep me until September or so, when he comes back. And hopefully, by then, I'll be able to give him his birthday present:).

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.