Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Friday, July 14, 2006

more apologizing, it's summer, for god's sake!!

SO here it is, Friday, and Lori is a bad, bad blogger. All week long, I've been meaning to post, but for some stupid reason or another (like being exhausted and worn out from the heat, not to mention getting overly drunk last evening) I just haven't got it done.

There are tons of things to blog about:

Like the execution by electrocution of many rats during a mighty thunderstorm a few weeks back. It was something that you would have to see to believe, and although I profess to love taking pictures, I didn't. Mostly because it was hideous gross and most of you (Rose) would have nightmares about it. I was also so stunned and in utter shock over it that I forgot I owned a camera.

Merce and her bf live together now and I am trying to learn to let her just live her own life. (Funny note, I was going through this, looking for the hundred mistakes I always make and noticed that I typed "let her liver her own life" Most won't find this as amusing as I, but Merce will get it) I can't go around guarding her like the most ferocious mama that I feel like I am, at times. She needs to live it and learn from it. And if he hurts her or the kids, he will go missing and I will go to jail (Note* I seriously wouldn't kill him, just in case you are wondering. I'd chase him off, though).

All three of her kids are gone, visiting their Dad. And I am missing them, tremendously. Not only because I love their smiling, sqooshy little faces (especially Boots, in all of her Latina ghetto glory) but because my son is milling about, lost, without them and bugging me constantly. Pestering me about this and that and whining that he has nothing to DO - "all of my toys are so boooorrrrrrinnnggg!!" and no friends to do nothing with. My god, he's turned into a teenager.

It's hot and my air conditioner at work broke. Which is a soggy, sweltering, sweaty hell. I often feel like I am breathing in and out of a paper bag. When the paper bag develops a hole, a wet washcloth is put over it.

I am working out with a vengeance, in front of my air conditioner at home. And as a result, I am feeling healthy and happy, which in turn leads to a very neglected blog; I have no whining to do. It also leads to more sleep, a nice hard ass and rockin' legs, so I'll continue doing so and I'm sorry that I am neglecting you all. I will either find a way to live with the guilt or I will post more. No promises, though. It could go either way.

I will sit down sometime this weekend and try to think of something that is charming and cute and witty and so like me. *note heavy use of sarcasm here* Really, I will try to think of something that is longer than 3 paragraphs and will enrapture you all.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.