Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Monday, October 09, 2006

a bit of a catch up... just a bit.

I meant to post on my mom's birthday. Meant to doesn't get a whole lot done, huh?

At any rate, happy birthday Mom. My love for you is forever and I know that you are facing some pretty scary shit right now and I will do my best to remain patient while you are scared half to fucking death. If the CT scan isn't an open one, you have the right to walk away.

She had cancer on her face about 11 years ago. The doctor had to cut into her 6-7 times to get all of it because every time he cut into it, it scattered. Anyway, now she has a bump near her ear that the doctor thinks might be a tumor right near her carotid artery and surgery is dicey at best. So we will be going to city in the north for a CT scan on her neck, chest and face, I believe. Scary stuff and she is, quite obviously, freaking the fuck out. I don't blame her a bit.

Also, today was graduation day for BzBiff's guys. Congratulations! Not only to them, but to you, BzBiff. You are such an amazing person and have and do make such a difference in people's lives. I am proud and honored to call you my friend.

That's about all. Lori bagged herself a fine, strapping buck this weekend. She is a naughty, naughty girl and makes no excuses for it. He had dimples, ok? And was as much of a smart ass as I am. I adored him and I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a pang at the thought of him going home. He was here, camped out for a week, deer hunting.

That's about all. Someday, when I am feeling brave, I will recount the tale of the kitten and my son. But for right now, I'm tired and going to bed and unwilling to discuss my son's future as an axe murderer.

G'night.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.