Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

catching up

In two more days, I will have had this blog for one year! Celebrate with me, it's the longest relationship I have maintained since, forever, outside of family and a few cherished friends.

I've been meaning to post about Grey's Anatomy. Excellent. I see that it beat out CSI in the first match-up. I do not celebrate that because out of all the fucking TV shows that are on, CSI (Las Vegas-style) and Grey's Anatomy are two of my favorites. And I am heart broke that they are up against each other. I want them both to win! Good thing I have Eastern and Western networks! I watch one at 6:00 and the other at 9:00. Thank you, satellite! Anyway, CSI was incredible as well and I went to bed that night, feeling like I had feasted on some kick ass comfort food, sated and ready for sleeping. It was magical.

Fall is officially here. We've been defrosting windows on the car for the last couple of days. I am reluctant to take out my air-conditioner window unit because as soon as I do, the temperature will shoot up into the nineties for a couple of days and the boy and I will stroke out. I am thinking I will go ahead and risk it. If I don't, we run the risk of freezing to death when the wind blows in around the air-conditioner. And folks, the wind that blows here in Eastern Oregon is fucking COLD.

The cows are all being brought back into the feedlot and the incessant bawling is in the air. We have already seen snow once. It didn't stick, but I saw it and the snowflakes were huge.

I think I had better go find something for the boy to eat, he's gnawing on his fingernails and complaining of the bear in his belly. I will think real hard and find a good topic to blog on, someday.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.