Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My Heart Breaks

There are people in this world that most of us have no understanding of.

I read that the relatives who were supposedly molested by the man who held up the Nickel Mine School in PA, were not, in fact, molested by him at all.

Did he do it over a dream?

Did he kill those girls and maim others over a frickin' dream?

My God, my heart hurts tonight over this. I've been thinking and thinking about it, since I heard about it and the more I find out, the sicker I feel.

The recent bouts of schoolroom tragedies are breaking me into pieces and making me question my sanity in bringing this sweet boy into this world. Ok, ok. So, since turning five, he's a bit more sour than sweet, but still...

It's awful and sickening and I cry at night while I say my prayers for all of these poor children and their grieving families.

I found an article that specifies an address to send memorial donations to for the Nickel Mine School Victims Fund. I will be sending a few dollars, along with a sympathy card.

Here is an article featuring an address for donations to be sent to a memorial fund for Emily Keyes, who was shot in the back of the head while running from a man who was holding her hostage. I will send a few dollars to this one, as well.

Tonight, my heart breaks.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.