Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Monday, March 20, 2006

That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

I am so much loving my bike. Yes, I got a bike with my tax refund and I LOVE it. I love the wind pushing past me and freezing my cheeks and fingers. I love being able to ride along the boy who is peddling so furiously, sharing the feeling. I love watching him try to race us and beat us all. I love riding alongside Merce and watching Becca in her little trailer. She gets as much of a kick out of coasting along. And Merce keeps me constantly laughing, so it's also ab work. Two fer one. Anyway, I've been trying to ride my bike more, but the fucking snow keeps coming back. The spring weather will taunt us for a day. And then the next day, freezing temps and snow and I am so sick of it. Almost as sick as you are of hearing about it, I'm sure.

Scary moment: Yesterday, I told Ty to wear his helmet, he wouldn't, Merce's kids weren't and it was getting colder and windier and fuck it, just go slow dammit! Anyway, I had gone back for him and was taking my own sweet time coasting back to even with Merce. Ty raced up ahead to race with Jr. and I was keeping my mama eagle eye on him. I looked back at Alyssa, she was saying something, and as I looked back up, I watched my son go over his handle bars. Head first onto asphalt. My god. I almost killed myself getting to him and I had convinced myself that he had, at the very least, broke his nose. I sucked in my breath and reached for him, he looked up at me, with blood on his lips. One little spot on his lower lip and one minute spot on his upper lip. That's it. I said a quick prayer of thanks to his guardian angels for catching him while I snuggled his (whole) head into my body for my own comfort. I'm still amazed that the asphalt didn't eat his face and head up.

Work is work. Looking a little bit shabby, but it's work. Clint came in today and said he was going to have to come in and clean it up a bit. I think he's probably come to the realization that I don't give a shit if there is dirt on the bathroom floor. I'll clean it once a month or so, because really, no one sees it except for myself. And, to tell the truth, I really don't care all that much. You need only see my house to understand that I really am a slob. Although, to defend myself, it does get cleaned up at least once a week. Monday through Friday, it's a pigsty.

I miss Clint being at work with me. At first, it was uncomfortable and uneasy because not only am I not used to having someone in there with me at all times, but because of our own, personal history. However, our friendship grew and I know this because the man actually came and asked if he could borrow my vacuum cleaner last night. If you knew him and his aversion to having to depend on anyone but himself and his complete refusal to actually ASK anyone for help, you'd be amazed as well. I'm going to have to try to get him to come and hang out one night, just so we can catch up on gossip. He always has some insightful and often times, truly hilarious opinions on stuff.

This last weekend, we kicked off our bonfire season. Of course, there was only 5 of us there. But we kicked it off and now, we'll spend many a night out on the desert or up at the campgrounds with music blaring, alcohol flowing, gathered round a bright fire. Sounds rather Dazed and Confused, doesn't it? Oh well, someday, I WILL grow up, I promise, I will.

P.S. that's when I first fell in love with Matthew McConaughey - Dazed and Confused. I always was a sucker for the jailbait seekers.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.