Lori N Ty

Taking single "momhood" one long day at a time....on a cattle ranch, in a town where your next door neighbor knows what you are doing before you do, all the while being so broke it's not even funny.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I raise my boy alone.I live within a mile of my parents, who have been married for 30+ years,and 3 doors down from my little sister.My family is my rock.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

you know what they say

Blah. I am whipped. Merce came and watched me do 2/3's of my 3 mile WATP. Then I waxed her eyebrows, which I think is fair play after she sat and snickered not only at the always cheerful Leslie Sansone, but at yours truly. I tried to goad her into exercising with me, but she was stalwart in her refusal. I think, really, she was afraid of looking just as stupid as her older sister, trouncing about, lifting weights along with knees, huffing and puffing, bitching the whole way.

By the way, Rose, I SOO much more prefer my bike and I am in love with my every other day after work bike rides, but I'm still suffering 'saddle ass' whenever I ride for more than 15 minutes at a time. Seriously, with the padded seat and all, my ass is afire when I gracefully fall off the side of my bike, using the side of the house to cling to. Some people's butts just weren't meant for bike riding, I think. That or I need to quit being such a friggin' wimp and just go. Anyways it's fun, but my heart rate never really gets all that high. A consequence of having to stop and wait for the kid every five minutes. Sometimes, that raises the ol' heart beat, but probably not in a healthy way.

Then, I sat and overloaded on carbs for dinner, so I am sitting here feeling like I might vomit. And it's getting ready to s.n.o.w. I don't dare say it aloud for fear that we'll wake up tomorrow with a foot of the fucking stuff.

Currently listening to SpongeBob, wondering if this will be the cadence of my life, forever. You never know. Tomorrow, I could win $150 million and my whole life could change. Or I could lose a leg (God, I'm just saying... please don't take that as a request!) and again, my life would be so incredibly alien to what I am living now. Why is it that what you have, who you are, right now, in this moment is so easy to take for granted? I know that there have been plenty of moments when I would have given a leg for the sheer comfort of this routine. The after bath Baby Magic lingering on my hands, the kid watching SpongeBob and regaling me with tales of his day - over the back of the couch, while I try to remember to GENTLY remind him to not "sit on the couch that way!!". And I know that there are plenty of people out there who would give much more than their leg to live this way. To have food in my belly, a roof over my head, the boy lovingly making me laugh and the cozy comfort that comes from hearing the wind roaring away outside, lolling about all safe and warm inside. In front of my computer, feeding my quickly tiring addiction to the internet and blogs. And, yet, some days, I just want MORE. Not that I could (nor would I particularly WANT) to fit more in. Ah, well, you know what they say, the grass is always greener... right over the septic tank.

Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.